Thursday, February 23, 2012

West Elm Bedding and a Crazy Good Deal

So, remember the new bedding I ordered from West Elm a little while ago? Well, I haven't showed it to you yet because when I got it I wasn't loving it. It wasn't the actual bedding that I didn't love, it was how it looked on my bed that wasn't working. We have a california king bed. Many times on king beds you see three euro pillows but I have always just had two euro pillows on my bed and I liked it.



Well, when my duvet cover and two euro shams arrived I wasn't digging the two pillows and realized that it was because of the horizontal stripes on the duvet. They were visually making the bed seem wider, therefore making the pillows look smaller. 


So, I went back to the West Elm website to look into getting another sham. When I bought the first two shams they were on sale for $12.99 but now they were $19.99. They were still on sale from the original $24.99 price, but with tax and shipping I was looking at $28 just for the sham, and I was still going to have to purchase a pillow insert. I was not happy about that, so I thought I would just wait it out and hope that someday they would go back to the $12.99 price. I had been checking for a couple weeks when I realized I should try my local Downeast Home. For those of you who don't know what Downeast Home is (it is a Idaho and Utah thing) they are kind of like a home outlet store. They sell either showroom floor items or slightly damaged items from stores like Pottery Barn, West Elm, Restoration Hardware, and such. You can find some pretty great deals there. I bought my Pottery Barn Wingback Seagrass Chair there for $125 where it normally sells for $499!! Anyway, so to finish my story, I went to Downeast Home thinking that finding a West Elm Parachute Euro Sham in Feather Gray would probably be a long shot, but lo and behold there it was!! The price was normally $11.99 but it was on sale for $6!!  BUT when I went to purchase it, I found out that all their clearance was an additional 20% off!! So total with tax it as $5.08!!! That is amazing compared to the $28 I would have spent getting it from West Elm. I then found a pillow insert at a local fabric store for $14.99. I am so thrilled with my find!! So finally, after my long story, this is how it looks,


I still need to get some accent pillows and add a little color or something. Not sure exactly what yet, but I really like it! And just in case anyone is interested, the West Elm - Stripe Duvet in Feather Gray matches the Feather Gray - Parachute Duvet Cover Shams. If you look really closely, the gray is slightly different, but it doesn't bother me. I think the Parachute Shams are less modern looking  than the matching striped shams. I like them better in my space. I'm happy with my purchase!

We had some crazy wind here in Idaho yesterday! It knocked down an entire tree in the park down the street from us, and it obliterated the shutters on the side of our house. They were in pieces all over our driveway and street. I'll have to take some pics.

5 comments:

The Radmall's said...

It looks so good! And I miss DownEast SOOOO bad!

Cristine Garrison said...

amber!!! look at you!

Andrea @ Strawberry Chic said...

Wow you bed set looks amazing-like it came straight from a magazine! Wish I had a Downeast nearby!

Unknown said...

I wish I had that store near me! We have something similar, but it doesn't sound like it's as good as yours :)

I heard about all that wind! We had friends traveling east of you and they had to pull over and stop or get a ticket because of the winds (and they were hauling a trailer). Crazy!

John Hardy said...

A very decoration bed. I really love it. I went to purchase it. Thanks for sharing this blog. Now it's time to avail HALFCASTE CREAM SET for more information.