Monday, October 10, 2011

Dining Chair Slipcover

I have been wanting to attempt to make some slipcovers for my dining chairs for a few months. Now that my daughter is walking around, I worry about her scratching up my chairs with her toys. I also love the look an upholstered dining chair. Well, I finally did it and it wasn't as easy as I thought. The process consisted of  A LOT of guessing and trial and error. I am really surprised with the outcome though.


I had originally bought the fabric for my bedroom about a year ago, but when I got home from the fabric store it was definitely not going to work in my bedroom. So, I needed to use it for something.



The ruffle detail at the bottom was actually the result of me cutting the fabric too short. I had to come up with a solution. I really like it though. It gives the square lines of the chair a bit of a feminine touch.


It took my so long to make just one slipcover that I am not ready to make three more. I might decided to tackle it another day. It's not perfect, and I not going to even begin to describe how I did it because honestly I don't know how it came together at all.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Those slipcovers look amazing! I'm so impressed. And I love the ruffle on the back! Great work Amber.

Laura said...

DO you happen to know the name of this fabric?

Amber Horch said...

I don't know the name. I'm sorry. I purchased it at Home Fabrics though, if you happen to have one where you live.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Amber, I absolutely love your slipcovers! The ruffle is such a great detail!