Many of you wanted to know how I made the shade, and I am thrilled! I am glad you all love it as much as I do. Here is the link to the website that I found http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/02/make-shades-out-of-mini-blinds.html
You can pretty much follow her basic instructions. I did a few things a little different.
First, I ironed and sewed the edges of my fabric to give it a cleaner look, and then instead of folding the fabric edges over the ends of the slats and gluing, I glued the slats on top of my sewed edges. Just make sure your fabric isn't shorter in width than your slats or the edges of your slats will stick out from behind your fabric.
The other thing I did different was I used Tacky Glue instead of fabric glue, because I didn't have fabric glue. Tacky Glue worked well. You need to make sure that when the glue dries it doesn't leave discoloration in the fabric. You will need to cut the tilt wand off, because you won't need it anymore. I also cut a hole in the fabric on the top for the cord to come through. I think she just left it behind the fabric so you have to reach behind the shade to pull it up. I don't know which is better. It might depend on exactly how your blind functions. It also helps to have someone hold the shade tight as you glue the fabric to the bottom of the blind. I didn't do this at first and the fabric wasn't flat when I held it up.
And there you have it! That is pretty much all there is to it. It is a really easy and inexpensive project. I loved the way mine turned out. Calvin even really liked it too, believe it or not. I made a few mistakes as I went, but the next one that I do will be that much better.